Copper Basin Vet Clinic also takes a look at our furry kiddos from time to time. Dr. Mitchell was Animal Planet's Hero of the Year runner up in 2006. He has worked on former President Nixon's spaniels and also on former President Clinton's Socks the cat.
****UPDATE: June 2017 - With the outbreak of dog influenza across the country, we are also recommending that if you plan on taking your puppy/dog to public areas - lakes, parks, etc., that you have him/her vaccinated against the two strains of dog influenza that are currently affecting dogs across the nation. It's a two series shot - meaning you get one and then 3 weeks later you get the other one. The shots are good for 1 year. Better safe than sorry!*****
WHAT WE DO FOR OUR PUPPIES MEDICALLY
Every single puppy we offer for sale here is thoroughly checked out by our veterinarians, usually Dr. Fran Miske, Dr. Phillip Arnall, Dr. Zager at Ocoee Animal Hospital, OR Dr. William Mitchell or Dr. Walter Boyd at Copper Basin Vet Clinic before they leave. NO PUPPY LEAVES US WITHOUT THEIR CLEARANCE. We give full disclosure on our puppies, so if there is something above and beyond normal boosters and wormings that the veterinarians find and tell us to treat, we tell you. If our veterinarians and us feel that we need to hang on to a puppy for an extra week or so, we will. If on the off chance a fecal is positive for worms, we re-worm and recheck stools before the puppies depart. I have been chewed out by people for this because they want their puppy on a specific date even if they aren't quite ready, and I don't really care. Our puppies' health and well being are our TOP priority, period. The veterinarians we use have over 160 years of combined experience, and they know what they are doing.
(If you change your mind because your puppy isn't quite ready on a specific date, I will NOT refund your deposit.)
At the time of their 6 week check-up, our veterinarians check our puppies out; weight, coat, ears, eyes, heart, lungs, fecal sample, etc. If for any reason the puppies may need medicine, they are given it, and then they are rechecked in a week's time. At the time of sale, your puppy is to the best of our knowledge healthy, sound, and free of defects. They would not be leaving us otherwise.
Once the puppy gets into your vehicle and drive away, the puppy becomes YOUR responsibility for the rest of his/her life, and we can assume no liability once that puppy leaves. We cannot control the environment you expose them to.
Our health agreement covers your dog for 72 hours. (and are only offered when puppy applications are filled out) After that, only congenital defects are covered up to 2 years of age. It is ultimately up to YOU to continue their veterinary care. If you choose not to follow up with an initial exam after the puppy leaves and validate your health agreement, that is your choice. I won't hold your hand and make you do it, and I won't cover that puppy one or two months after they have left because they've contracted some ailment you could have prevented with timely vet visits.
VETERINARY REQUIREMENTS FOR PUPPIES
ALL PUPPIES NEED A SET OF 4 - 5 BOOSTER SHOTS. This is to boost their immune systems and to help prevent them from catching puppy diseases that can be detremental to their health. Boosters prevent against parvovirus, para-influenza, adenovirus type 2, leptospira, and coronavirus, and are typically given 2 - 3 weeks apart. Some veterinarians prefer 4 boosters, some prefer 5. At the end of their boosters, they will be old enough to receive their rabies vaccination. Depending on your veterinarian, you can get the rabies shot either every year or every 3 years.
Your puppies need their vaccinations on the following timeline:
- 6 weeks old - completed before you pick up your puppy
- 9 weeks old - 2nd set of boosters
- 12 weeks old - 3rd set of boosters
- 15 weeks old - 4th & final set of boosters + rabies
- 1 year - booster & rabies - and every following year
- Revolution (or advantage) monthly flea, tick, mite, heartworm preventative
- Fecal check - to ensure your puppy has not picked worms back up or any other bacteria
Transitioning from our home to yours is (hopefully) the biggest life change the puppy is going to make. Sometimes the puppy takes a few days to adjust. They go from our home with one set of rules to your home, which may be completely different.
Keep in Mind...
ABOUT OUR HEALTH AGREEMENT
- Hells Hollow Huskies has properly wormed your puppy at ages 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 weeks using Safe-Guard (containing panacur) and/or Strongid to prevent hook worms, whip worms, and round worms. A full veterinary exam of your puppy is performed at Ocoee Animal Hospital at 6 weeks of age. While there; your puppy is vaccinated to prevent against Canine Distemper, Adenovirus Type 2, Para-influenza, and Parvovirus. Also on this date, your puppy received a treatment of Revolution to begin a prevention plan against fleas, ticks, and mites. The below described puppy was found healthy & sound. Purchaser must continue timely veterinary checks and vaccinations.
- This puppy is to our knowledge healthy, sound, and free from any genetic defects.
- Should your
puppy display any kind of congenital (genetic) defects within 2 years from the
date the puppy was whelped (born) requiring euthanasia, Hells Hollow Huskies
will replace your puppy with a puppy of similar or greater quality. Should no puppies be available at that time,
you will be notified at the birth of another litter. AT NO TIME WILL ANY MONEY BE REFUNDED. All claims must be accompanied by a written
statement from a licensed veterinarians explaining the diagnosis and
recommendation for euthanasia. This agreement is null and void if veterinary
claims cannot be provided. It must be on a paper with the veterinarian's letterhead and include address and phone number.
- This agreement does NOT cover illness and death related to any type of exposure, including heat stroke, exposure to viruses or parasites of any type, or traumatic injury. Also, this agreement does not cover parasites such as mites, worms, ticks, and fleas. As stated in section 3, only congenital defects are covered. This agreement also does not cover Coccidia or Giardia, which are common in puppies and can be brought on by the stress of changing homes and is usually caused by bacteria.
- We do not guarantee the ability to breed. Purchaser is strongly encouraged to spay/neuter their puppy.
- Purchaser must have a complete veterinary exam done on puppy at purchaser’s expense within 72 hours of purchase. A copy of the completed health exam/receipt from a licensed veterinarian must be mailed or emailed to us in order to validate the Health Agreement. Agreement is null and void if we do not receive copy of receipt dated within the first 72 hours after purchase & mailed or emailed no later than 1 week after purchase date.
- Hells Hollow Huskies assumes no liability for dog/puppy after it leaves our kennel. That includes ALL medical expenses.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL – NO REFUNDS ARE GIVEN. If for ANY reason you can no longer care for your puppy, he/she can be returned at no charge to us in lieu of surrendering to an animal shelter. Purchase price will not be refunded.